Recipe by Evie*
From a magazine. Great flavors. Serve with rice and banana slices tossed in lemon juice, or cucumbers in plain yogurt.
Top Review by Norahs Girl
This was so Good!I did add a freshly diced red chilli to it and used yellow and orange peppers as I did,t have red.I served it with Basmati Rice ,Beetroor riata and sliced bananas in yogurt.This I will be making again Thank you for such a lovely recipe
- 2 pork fillets, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 ounce plain flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 small red peppers, de seeded and sliced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili seasoning mix
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons tomato puree
- 3⁄4 pint chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tiny new potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 large mangoes, peeled, stoned and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss the pork cubes in the flour to coat.
- Heat the oil and fry pork for 5 minutes until golden.
- Add the onion and red pepper and cook a further 3 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, salt, curry, cumin, ginger and chili seasoning and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the tomatoes, puree and stock, blending well.
- Add potatoes.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes over a gentle heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mango slices and cook a further 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Serve at once.