Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I created this simple-to-make casserole when I wanted to use up a leftover boneless porkchop and other items in the refrigerator.
- 1 (12 ounce) box tri-color spiral pasta (or any macaroni)
- 1 cup cooked pork, cubed
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 (2 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1⁄2 lb spicy cheese, grated (herb harvati or another cheese with peppers in it)
- 1 1⁄2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Prepare macaroni according to package directions, drain, put macaroni in bowl.
- In skillet, melt margarine.
- Add onion, green pepper, mushrooms and celery.
- Cook until vegetables are tender (10 minutes).
- Add pork and black olives.
- Remove from heat.
- Add pork/vegetable mixture to macaroni.
- Mix milk, eggs and cheese together in measuring cup or bowl.
- Add to macaroni/vegetable mixture.
- Pour mixture into 3-quart casserole.
- Sprinkle casserole with paprika.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes.
This is a great way to empty the fridge of leftovers. I enjoyed the olives in it.I doubled the cheese and added some taco seasoning.