Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is one of those recipes you can whip up in no time but it tastes like it's been simmering all day!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 1 cup quick-cooking brown rice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 -3 tablespoons salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute pork in oil until no pink remains; drain.
- Add the beans, soup, tomatoes, chilies, rice water, salsa and cumin; cook and stir until bubbly.
- Pour into an ungreased 2-qt baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with cheese, let stand a few minutes before serving.
My husband likes to smoke meat so whenever we have leftover pork shoulder I use it to make this casserole - it's SO yummy!
Yooper -- You saved me some work! This is a great, great recipe -- one that I made often and was just going to post!!! So I'll just add to the nice reviews you have already received. I usually use pork tenderloin -- and I've even made this in my electric skillet. Many years ago, we had a pot luck at work and I wanted to make this -- but there is no oven. So I just took all the ingredients and my electric skillet -- and it was fantastic. The skillet was totally wiped clean -- not a single bean left behind!!! When I make it for just my husand and myself, he loves to use the left overs as filling in tortillas. You're right -- this goes together very, very quickly -- but tastes like something you've worked on all day.
I really like this recipe. Pretty healthy and tasty, too. It's a winner. My 5 year old boy really likes it and he is pretty picky.