1/4 Photos of Pork and Green Chili Casserole
This couldn't be easier to put together. I made this for a potluck luncheon at work years ago and was amazed at how popular it became with my co-workers. It seemed like every week one of the gals would tell me she prepared it for the family. IF you have any leftovers, it is good wrapped up in a flour tortilla "burrito style".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless pork, cut into cubes (I use pork tenderloin)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chilies
- 1 cup quick-cooking brown rice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1In large skillet, brown pork in oil until no pink remains, drain.
- 2Add beans, soup, tomatoes, chilies, rice, water, salsa and cumin. Cook and stir until bubbly.
- 3Pour into ungreased 2 quart baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- 4Sprinkle with cheese, let stand a few minutes before serving.
- 5I have made this in my electric skillet and instead of putting it in the oven, just placed the lid on the skillet and let it simmer VERY slowly for 20 or so minutes. Then added the cheese, replaced the lid for about 5 minutes -- and it was good to go.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork and Green Chili Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.4
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 99.8 mg
- Sodium 763.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 33.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
quick-cooking brown rice