Recipe by Bobbie
This couldn't be easier to put together. I made this for a potluck luncheon at work years ago and was amazed at how popular it became with my co-workers. It seemed like every week one of the gals would tell me she prepared it for the family. IF you have any leftovers, it is good wrapped up in a flour tortilla "burrito style".
Top Review by sconehead
This was a great quick dinner! Will definitely keep as a go to recipe! The only thing I did differently was use regular brown rice that I steamed first. Worked just fine....I never have quick cooking rice as we don't like the texture. Thanks again!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork, cut into cubes (I use pork tenderloin)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 1 cup quick-cooking brown rice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, brown pork in oil until no pink remains, drain.
- Add beans, soup, tomatoes, chilies, rice, water, salsa and cumin. Cook and stir until bubbly.
- Pour into ungreased 2 quart baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with cheese, let stand a few minutes before serving.
- I have made this in my electric skillet and instead of putting it in the oven, just placed the lid on the skillet and let it simmer VERY slowly for 20 or so minutes. Then added the cheese, replaced the lid for about 5 minutes -- and it was good to go.