8 hrs 30 mins
Recipe came from friends in Utah--Gracias, Tex and Malva. It is a mild, rich dish--a good intro to Mexican for folks who don't like "spicy" things. Makes a lot, but leftovers are great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dice the pork butt, removing as much fat as possible.
- 2Throw everything in the crockpot on low, go to work and come home to green chile stew.
- 3Serve with flour tortillas, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole, salsa.
- 4I also like to add a couple cans of hominy--then you have posole.
- 5You can do this on the stovetop or oven, as well.
- 6Just simmer til the pork is tender.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork and Green Chile Stew
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.6
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 236.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: