Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Recipe came from friends in Utah--Gracias, Tex and Malva. It is a mild, rich dish--a good intro to Mexican for folks who don't like "spicy" things. Makes a lot, but leftovers are great.
- Dice the pork butt, removing as much fat as possible.
- Throw everything in the crockpot on low, go to work and come home to green chile stew.
- Serve with flour tortillas, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole, salsa.
- I also like to add a couple cans of hominy--then you have posole.
- You can do this on the stovetop or oven, as well.
- Just simmer til the pork is tender.
This was very very easy to do and super yummy. Looking forward to making it again soon.