Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Tasty fruity sauce with tender pork. What's Cooking .Ruth Fremes
- 16 pitted prunes, halved
- 16 dried apricots, halved
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 orange, zest of, grated
- 1⁄2 orange, juice of
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of, grated
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 -5 lbs pork loin, boned and rolled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 large apples, peeled,cored and sliced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- The night before, place dried prunes and apricots in a bowl.
- Add allspice, juice and rind of 1/2 orange and lemon and white wine.
- Stir to combine and soak overnight, covered.
- The following day, rub pork on all sides with pepper and sage.
- In a large casserole or Dutch oven, brown pork in butter and oil.
- Pour soaked fruit mixture over pork.
- Sprinkle on brown sugar and garlic, cover and simmer 2 hours, basting frequently.
- Skim off fat.
- Add sliced apples and cook 20 minutes longer.
- Remove roast to warm platter.
- Mix cornstarch and apple juice.
- Stir in pan juices.
- Cook until thickened.
- Slice pork and serve topped with fruit gravy.