Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From my Eat Well Stay Well cookbook.
Make and share this Pork and Fennel Saute recipe from Food.com.
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed, cut in 8 pieces
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 apple, cut into 1/4 inch wedges
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Cut off the fennel fronds and stalks, Chop 2 tablespoons of the fronds. Reserve.
- Cut bulb in half lengthwise and thinly slice. Set aside.
- Whit the heel of your hand, gently flatten the pork. On a sheet of wax paper, dredge the pork in flour, shaking off the excess.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 T of the oil over moderately high heat. Add the pork and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining oil, onion, and garlic and saute until softened.
- Add the sliced fennel and saute for 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Add the apple and saute for 5 minutes more.
- Stir in the broth, 1/2 cup water, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, return pork to the pan and cook for 1 minute, until heated through.
- Serve with sour cream and reserved fennel fronds.