Recipe by Sheynath
Asian stir-fry. This is based on one of my favorite dishes at my favorite Chinese restaurant. Feel free to adjust seasonings to your personal preference. We like ours spicy and usually use more of the ginger, garlic and chiles.
Top Review by LeeAnn R.
Delicious!! Wonderful flavors! I followed the recipe except I added 1/2 tsp of chili flakes instead of a full tsp. Added Carrots and onions and it was a hit! Will make it again!
- 1 large eggplant (or several small Asian)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lb lean pork, cut in thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 inch piece gingerroot, minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (I use gluten-free tamari sauce)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon dried hot chili flakes
- 1 scallion, sliced thin (for garnish)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame seeds (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel eggplant and slice into pieces approximately 1x2 inches and 1/4 inch thick. If using Asian eggplants, peel and slice into 1/4 slices.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a non-stick wok or large skillet. Stir-fry eggplant strips until soft, drain, leaving oil in pan. Set eggplant aside.
- Toss garlic and ginger in the hot oil. As soon as it turns fragrant add the pork and toss until just cooked through.
- Add eggplant back to pan, stir to combine pork and eggplant.
- Add remaining ingredients (except garnishes) and stir. Turn off heat and let mixture sit for a couple of minutes to blend flavors.
- Plate the eggplant and sprinkle with garnishes.