From Delicious magazine! Serve on jasmine rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons thai green curry paste
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 shallots, slice
- 2 lemongrass, stems cut into 3cm lengths (white part only)
- 500 g eggplants
- 225 g sliced bamboo shoots, rinsed & drained
- 400 g pork fillets, halved lengthways, thinly sliced into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus wedges to serve (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup mint leaf
- 1Heat the oil in a large deep frypan and fry the curry paste over medium-low heat for a few minutes, stirring until fragrant.
- 2Add the coconut milk, vegetable stock, sugar, eschalots, lemongrass and salt and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- 3Thickly slice the eggplant and cut each slice into quarters.
- 4Add to the curry with the bamboo shoots, and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes or until tender.
- 5Add the pork and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for 5-8 minutes or until pork is cooked.
- 6Stir in the fish sauce and lime juice, adjusting to taste.
- 7Serve the curry with steamed rice and lime wedges, scattered with the coriander and mint leaves.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork and Eggplant (Aubergine) Curry
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.3
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 63.0 mg
- Sodium 715.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 26.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green curry paste