Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I'm crazy about cranberries-this is yummy! Really nice with a hot loaf of French Bread, a Green Salad and a nice bottle of Red Wine.
- 2 lbs boneless pork butt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (9 1/2 ounce) can cranberry juice concentrate, thawed plus
- 1 (9 1/2 ounce) can water
- 2 (19 ounce) cans white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup fresh cranberries or 1 cup frozen cranberries, thawed
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut pork into 3/4 inch cubes.
- In a large Dutch oven heat oil over medium heat, brown the pork and remove with slotted spoon.
- Lightly saute the onions and garlic.
- Return pork to Dutch Oven.
- Add the cranberry juice concentrate and water to Dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits.
- Add the white kidney beans, tomato paste, mustard, bay leaf and thyme, stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper if using.
- Cover and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove and stir in cranberries.
- Return to oven and cook for another 30 minutes.