1 hr 30 mins
I'm crazy about cranberries-this is yummy! Really nice with a hot loaf of French Bread, a Green Salad and a nice bottle of Red Wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless pork butt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (9 1/2 ounce) can cranberry juice concentrate, thawed plus
- 1 (9 1/2 ounce) can water
- 2 (19 ounce) cans white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup fresh cranberries or 1 cup frozen cranberries, thawed
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cut pork into 3/4 inch cubes.
- 3In a large Dutch oven heat oil over medium heat, brown the pork and remove with slotted spoon.
- 4Lightly saute the onions and garlic.
- 5Return pork to Dutch Oven.
- 6Add the cranberry juice concentrate and water to Dutch oven.
- 7Bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits.
- 8Add the white kidney beans, tomato paste, mustard, bay leaf and thyme, stir well.
- 9Season with salt and pepper if using.
- 10Cover and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- 11Remove and stir in cranberries.
- 12Return to oven and cook for another 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork and Cranberry Cassoulet
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.7
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 74.8 mg
- Sodium 502.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 29.0 g