Recipe by TasteTester
The pairing of sweet potatoes, carrots and apples go perfectly with the pork shoulder and make a nice counterpoint to the cider. It's also really fast and easy to get together.
Top Review by WiGal
Very nice! This is not a spicy stew so perfect for young children. Easy to put together. Served ours with Recipe#343217 and Recipe#283851. Mine was done in 7 hours. Thank you TasteTester for posting. Made for Theirs, Yours, & Mine tag.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs sweet potatoes, about 2 medium, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3 small carrots, peeled and cut in 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 lbs boneless pork shoulder, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup apple cider
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer sweet potatoes, carrots, onion, pork, and apple in a 3 1/2-quart or larger slow-cooker.
- Stir flour, salt, sage, thyme and pepper in a small bowl to combine. Add apple cider; stir until smooth. Pour over meat and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours until pork and sweet potatoes are tender when pierced.