Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs 9 mins
Recipe from Bon Appetit September 1997. I love Chiptole so I would add more to this recipe.Serve with Beans and Rice. You could also use left over roast pork for this dish.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs bone-in pork butt
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle chiles
- 12 (5 -6 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 (15 -16 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped green onions
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled, diced
- purchased tomatillo salsa
- lime wedge
- Preheat oven to 350°F Place pork on baking sheet; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until brown and very tender, about 2 hours. Cool. Shred pork.
- Heat corn oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions; sauté until tender, about 10 minutes. Add shredded pork, cilantro and chopped chipotle chilies with their sauce; stir until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Wrap tortillas in foil. Heat in oven 10 minutes. Stir beans in saucepan over medium-low heat until heated. Coarsely mash beans.
- Arrange tortillas on work surface. Spread mashed beans over. Top with pork. Sprinkle with green onions and avocados. Serve with salsa and lime.wedges.