Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great recipe to entertain with. Beautiful presentation when sliced and arranged on the serving platter and tastes as great also. I assembled four of these ahead of time and froze them for a couple of weeks. I thawed them in the fridge and then continued the cooking steps to serve as my main course for Christimas dinner for 20 people.
- -Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- -Slice pork tenderloin along long side down to within 3/4 inch of the bottom. Open and pound to a 1/3 inch thickness. Put plastic over to protect yourself from flying pork pieces. Should be a rough rectangle shape.
- -Pound chicken breasts until same thickness.
- -Spread half of the pesto mixture (1/4 C) over the pork. Layer the chicken over and then spread the remaining pesto mixture over the chicken. Layer the bacon on top.
- -Roll up as tightly as you can along the long ends and secure with kitchen twine. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- -Heat large skillet on stovetop on high with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add roulade and brown. Total should take 5 minutes.
- -Wrap roulade in foil tightly and put in baking sheet with seam side up.
- -Bake for 45 minutes.
- -Cut string off of roulade and slice. Arrange on serving platter.
This we enjoyed very much. I made it with a Winter Pesto that I make using Spinach and Parsley and it really turned out nice. I did cook it on the Rotisserie (it's still a bit hot in the South for an oven) and seasoned the outside of the meat with salt, pepper, and thyme. Will make again and adjust seasonings. Made for PAC 2008