Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great recipe to entertain with. Beautiful presentation when sliced and arranged on the serving platter and tastes as great also. I assembled four of these ahead of time and froze them for a couple of weeks. I thawed them in the fridge and then continued the cooking steps to serve as my main course for Christimas dinner for 20 people.
- -Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- -Slice pork tenderloin along long side down to within 3/4 inch of the bottom. Open and pound to a 1/3 inch thickness. Put plastic over to protect yourself from flying pork pieces. Should be a rough rectangle shape.
- -Pound chicken breasts until same thickness.
- -Spread half of the pesto mixture (1/4 C) over the pork. Layer the chicken over and then spread the remaining pesto mixture over the chicken. Layer the bacon on top.
- -Roll up as tightly as you can along the long ends and secure with kitchen twine. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- -Heat large skillet on stovetop on high with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add roulade and brown. Total should take 5 minutes.
- -Wrap roulade in foil tightly and put in baking sheet with seam side up.
- -Bake for 45 minutes.
- -Cut string off of roulade and slice. Arrange on serving platter.
This we enjoyed very much. I made it with a Winter Pesto that I make using Spinach and Parsley and it really turned out nice. I did cook it on the Rotisserie (it's still a bit hot in the South for an oven) and seasoned the outside of the meat with salt, pepper, and thyme. Will make again and adjust seasonings. Made for PAC 2008