Top Review by half_baked
Wow! That was fabulous. I ended up adding a little extra water so it was more like soup than like stew. I stirred some cooked pasta in right before serving as well. Definitely recommend it, and will definitely make again! Amazing.
- 4 1⁄2-5 lbs celery & leaves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 lbs pork, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (cornflour)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the pork with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a large pot and brown the pork lightly over high heat, stirring frequently.
- Add the onions and cook 10 to 15 minutes until soft but not browned.
- Add enough water to barely cover the meat.
- Cover and cook over low heat for about 1 hour.
- Add the celery and cook another 30 minutes, until the celery is tender and only about 1 cup of liquid remains. Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Mix the cornstarch (cornflour) in 1/4 cup (60 ml) water and add to the eggs.
- Add the lemon juice and beat the mixture well.
- Temper the sauce by slowly adding some of the hot liquid from the meat to the egg-lemon mixture, beating it in thoroughly.
- Pour the egg-lemon mixture over the meat and shake the pan gently over low heat until the sauce thickens.
- DO NOT BOIL.
- Serve immediately.