Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Made this and it turned out very good.
- 2 lbs pork sirloin roast, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons celery seeds
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 small cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup tomato puree
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- Place flour in medium bowl, add celery seed, then place pork in bowl and mix until meat is throughly covered with flour.
- Heat olive oil in skillet, add pork and sautee, shaking time to time until pork is lightly browned about 10 minutes.
- Add paprika and sliced onions. Toss a few more minutes, then add cabbage, tomato puree, vinegar and water.
- Season with salt.
- Simmer on low heat for about 1 1/2 hours or until meat is done.
- Add a dollop of sour cream on each -- and enjoy!
Very disappointing. Smelled great at the start of cooking, but didn't end up tasting good. Won't make it again.
Great, I only substituted Apple Cider vinegar with the white and added about a teaspoon of sugar to it. Cooked it all in the pressure cooker and it was done and ready in 15 minutes. Served over boiled potatoes.