Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a good fast recipe. Hope you injoy it.
Make and share this Pork and Cabbage Dinner recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (5 ounce) boneless pork chops, 3/4 inch thick
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 large green cabbage, cored and sliced thin,about 8 cups sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 lb kielbasa, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Heat the butter and oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; season pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, saute for 3 minutes per side until nicely browned, remove to plate and keep warm.
- Add sliced cabbage, shredded carrot, wine, caraway seeds, thyme, and remaining salt and pepper to the skillet; stir to combine,Cover and cook for 8 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add sliced kielbasa and vinegar to the skillet; tuck the pork chops back into the mixture; cover skillet and cook on mediun-low heat for 5 minutes stirring occasionally or until pork chops reach a internal temperture of 155 degrees; turn off heat; allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving, enjoy.
A good savory alternative to the recipes that sweeten the pork and cabbage combination!
This turned out really good. I didn't have all the ingredients listed (no kielbasa, and not enough caraway seeds), but it was still delicious. I also used 2 shoulder pork steaks, instead of the boneless loin chops. Still turned out fab. Served with some homemade biscuits for a complete meal. Thanks so much, it really hit the spot!
Delicious one skillet meal which we enjoyed with Creamy Rye Bread Creamy Rye (Bread Machine). Followed the recipe exactly except I skipped the thyme (but will be using it next time). Thanks for sharing this great fall/winter recipe!