Recipe by Michelle Berteig
From Family Circle magazine. Haven't tried it yet, but hope to soon!
Top Review by Charlotte J
This was very easy to make. I cooked it on High for 4 1/2 hours. The pork cooked perfect, with a hint of pink. It held it's shape when I carved it and was so very moist. I wonder if I can make a gravy out of the beautiful red juice in the bottom of the crock. I'll have to give it a try and see how it tastes. Made for team Soup-A-Stars during ZWT9 2013
- 1 (2 -3 lb) boneless pork loin roast
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups shredded red cabbage, about 1 pound
- 1 lb small baby red potato
- 2 granny smith apples, cored and cubed
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the pork with 1/4 teaspoon salt and the pepper.
- Add the cabbage to a 6 quart slow cooker. Add potatoes, apples on top in an even layer, and then the pork roast.
- In a small bowl, mix the vinegar, wine, sugar, caraway seeds and allspice. Pour around meat.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 1/2 hours or on low for 7 hours.
- Uncover cooker and transfer pork roast to a cutting board, Cover loosely with foil and ket rest 5 minutes. Season cabbage with remaining salt.
- Transfer cabbage mixture to a platter (leave most of liquid in slow cooker). Slice pork roast and serve on top of cabbage mixture.