Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Stir fry's are so good and it's so easy to work a lot of veggies into a meal with them. I had some yellow bell pepper left from something else, that was chopped into this and it went perfectly.
- 226.79 g lean boneless pork
- 177.44 ml reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 29.58 ml reduced sodium soy sauce
- 29.58 ml dry sherry or 29.58 ml water
- 0.59 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- nonstick spray coating
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 283.49 g package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2.46 ml grated fresh ginger
- 4.92-9.85 ml cooking oil
- 118.29 ml sliced water chestnuts
- 354.88 ml hot cooked brown rice
- Partially freeze meat. Thinly slice across the grain into bite-size strips.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, stir together chicken broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, dry sherry, and red pepper. Set aside.
- Spray a wok or large skillet with nonstick spray coating.
- Add onion, broccoli, garlic, and ginger and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Remove vegetable mixture from wok.
- Add oil to hot wok. Add pork and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until done. Push pork from center of wok.
- Stir sauce and add to the center of wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Return vegetables to wok.
- Add water chestnuts and stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce.
- Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through.
Very good, a little salty, maybe from the roast I used. I did substitute celery for the water chestnuts. Will make again!
I have to admit I used some substitutions. I used fresh broccoli and cooked a bit longer. I also used leftover pork roast and reduced the time there. When I chopped my ginger, I think I had a bit more than called for, but I'm not a big measure-er. This was delicious! I ate it just as is, with no rice. There wasn't really enough sauce for that and I really didn't want the rice anyway. Very, very good, and I enjoyed it immensely. Thanks for sharing! Made for Holiday tag game.
This was very good. The sauce had good flavor and thickened up nicely. I used celery instead of water chestnuts and green onion instead of yellow. The pork turned out a bit tough but I think I may have just cooked it a minute too long. I'll definitely try this again.