Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
All the ingredients can be adjusted to suit taste. If you like spicy then add in about 1 teaspoon or more dried red pepper flakes. Can use either red or green bell pepper or use both, and 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger can be replaced with the dry ginger.
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
The flavor was great even though I used chicken instead of pork. I also used orange bell peppers and water chestnuts as well as ramen noodles instead of the rice. In addition I added Vadalia onions instead of the green as everything I used, I already had on hand. Its a very versatile recipe. I also doubled the liquid and seasoning.
- 1 lb boneless pork loin (partially frozen to make slicing easier)
- 4 cups fresh broccoli (can use more or less)
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped (cut into thin strips)
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped (cut into thin strips)
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce (can use more)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger powder
- 3⁄4 lb white button mushrooms, slices
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped
- black pepper (optional)
- fresh garlic
- dried chili pepper flakes
- cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Partially freeze the pork to make slicing easier.
- Cut acrooss the grain into 1/4-inch thin strips; set aside.
- Slice the broccoli stalks into 1/4-inch pieces and cut the tops into florets; set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together the broth, cornstarch, oyster sauce, soy sauce and ginger powder; set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet until hot, turning the wok to coat sides.
- Add in the pork strips broccoli STALKS (the florets will be added in later), bell pepper, fresh garlic and dried chili flakes (if using) stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until the pork is browned.
- Leaving the pork mixture in the wok and add in the broccoli florets, mushrooms and green onions; stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add in the broth/cornstarch mixture gradually to the wok; tossing well to coat with meat and veggies; cook for 3 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring occasionally and adding in more oyster sauce and/or soy sauce to taste.
- Season with black pepper to taste if desired.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.