Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
Entered for safe-keeping. From Mrs. Edward J. Brendza, New Philadelphia, Ohio, as submitted to BH&G. U.S. family-style recipe.
- 1 lb boneless pork, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 3⁄4 ounces chicken gravy mix
- 1 cup water
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- In 10-inch skillet, brown pork cubes in hot oil. Drain off excess fat.
- Stir in the 1/2 cup water, the soy sauce, ginger, and garlic. Cover; simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir together gravy mix and remaining 1 cup water. Add to mixture in skillet.
- Stir in broccoli. Bring to boiling, stirring constantly. Cover; simmer 10 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.
I made this on 3/23/09 as part of our dinner, and for the " Cooking With An Asian Accent " in the Cooking Photo forum. I made the recipe as written, but I did find at the end of making this I had to add some cornstarch to thicken it up a bit. After tasting we all decided that it needed something to give it "some kick" .Maybe a bit of crushed red pepper, or something like that ? This recipe just didn't go over well with us, but thanks for posting anyway.