Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Casserole you can cook and chill for up to 2 days or freeze for 3 months.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 sage leaves, shredded
- salt and pepper
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 1 lb broad bean
- Mix the pork with the salt, pepper, flour, paprika, sage and rosemary.
- Cook the onion and celery in the oil for 10 minute.
- Stir in pork and cook until browned.
- Pour in stock, and bring to the boil, stirring.
- cover casserole, reduce heat and simmer gently for 1 hour or until tender.
- (to cook in oven for about 1 1/2 hours).
- If you are freezing or chilling don't cook the broad beans until just before serving.
- Cook broad beans in boiling salted water for about 10-15 minute drain and add to casserole, stirring well.
- Serve with rice, couscous or pasta.