Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Our home recipe for an all time favorite filipino dish.
- 1 kg pork (best part is liempo)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1 whole head of garlic, minced
- 1 head red onion, cut in cross section
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon patis fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Cut pork in cubes. I usually cut it by 1 1/2" by 1" because meat is juicier when cook.
- Place the pork,boiled eggs, onion,half of the garlic, pepper,and salt. Add the water,soy sauce and vinegar. Set to boil in medium heat,this will slowly cook the meat. Do not stir until it boils to cook the vinegar.
- Let it boil until the sauce reduced to half of its amount. Set aside.
- Saute the rest of the garlic in cooking oil until brown, then add the pork and fry for a minute or until brown. Add the sauce and the fish sauce. Let it simmer for a few minutes. Serve with steammy rice.