Recipe by l'ecole
Think I might have nabbed this from the newspaper. Generally speaking, moles are made with turkey or chicken, but this was quite the tasty surprise that doesn't take at all long to make. Recipe doesn't call for it, but I think a squirt of lime might brighten it up a tad And would be lovely as filling for a taco!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, trimmed of fat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 4 quart saucepan with nonstick spray coating. Place onion, garlic, jalapeno and pork in pan and cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender and meat is lightly browned. Add tomato paste, chicken broth, chili powder and cumin. Cover, heat to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in chocolate, beans and cilantro and simmer 10 minutes.