Denise in NH's Note:
I found this recipe in a sales circular from my local grocery store (Hannaford) and bought all the ingredients today to make it for dinner some night this week. I will be cutting the recipe in half as there is just me and my husband (sometimes my son) eating it. I bought a 1 lb. pork tenderloin for the pork. I will be posting their original recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 lb) package black beans, rinsed
- 2 lbs boneless pork shoulder, cubed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1Bring 6 cups water to boil in a 4-quart saucepan; add beans and boil three minutes.
- 2Remove from heat, cover and let stand one hour.
- 3Drain and rinse beans.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F; heat oil in Dutch oven.
- 5Over medium heat, cook onions until translucent. Add pork gradually and brown; transfer to a bowl.
- 6Add peppers, diced jalapenos, garlic and chili powder to Dutch oven and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 7Return pork and add black beans, 4 cups water, tomatoes and salt; cover and bake 2 hours, stirring occasionally until beans are tender and pork is cooked through.
- 8Garnish with cilantro.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork and Black Bean Chili
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.1
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 80.5 mg
- Sodium 624.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 25.8 g