Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is another great recipe from one of my cooking magazines
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 3 green peppers, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- In a slow cooker, combine the frist 6 ingredients.
- Stir in beef, pork, green peppers and onions.
- Cover and cook for 6 to 8 hours or until tender.
- Shred meat with two forks.
This was easy to make, the cooking time was as stated and the meat was fork tender. It was a little too sweet for me, but my husband loved it. I will cut the sugar next time, but there will be a next time. Thanks, Carole in Orlando
Now this is BBQ. It has a bite to it that accompanies its magnificent taste. I have made it many times this last year for large gatherings (doubleing the recipe) and have been asked for the recipe by all my friends and family. I enjoy the aroma that fills the house as much as I do eating the BBQ. I have followed this recipe exactly and have also substituted other cuts of meat. All tastes wonderful.