1/1 Photo of Pork and Beans (Crock-Pot)
9 hrs 15 mins
For this recipe you need a large (5-6 qt) slow cooker. Recipe source: The Healthy Slow Cooker
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs pork shoulder, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 -3 onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup white wine or 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine vinegar or 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 8 cups kale, stemmed and chopped
- 1In a skillet over medium high heat heat oil and then add pork (in batches if necessary) and cook, stirring, adding more oil if necessary until pork is browned (5 - 15 minutes). Transfer to slow cooker as meat browns.
- 2Reduce heat to medium and add onions to skillet and cook, stirring until softened (3-5 minutes). Stir in garlic and spices (oregano - pepper) and cook stirring another minute or so. Stir in wine and vinegar and cook stirring another minute.
- 3Stir in tomatoes (with juice) and bring to a boil. Transfer mixture to slow cooker.
- 4Stir in beans.
- 5Cover and cook on low for 8 hours (or on high for 4 hours) or until pork is tender and falling apart.
- 6In a small cup combine paprika and wine. Add to crockpot.
- 7Add kale in batches. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork and Beans (Crock-Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.2
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 64.4 mg
- Sodium 556.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 22.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar