Recipe by Tearanii
A friend gave me this recipe and told me not to tell anyone the main ingredient is pork and beans. No one has guessed the secret ingredient,but many have enjoyed this bread.
Top Review by death_by_parsnip
The reason I gave this bread 2 stars is because it is extemely dense. Maybe more baking powder would do the trick. The bread has a unique taste that I liked (cinnamon raisin with a twist).
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Add raisins to boiling water and set aside.
- Mash beans with a fork in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add sugar,eggs,oil and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Sift together dry ingredients and fold inches.
- Drain raisins and fold in with chopped nuts.
- Spoon batter into three greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake in a 325-degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes,or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.