Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe sounded so strange I had to try it and we fell in love with it. It nice and moist. Please don't be put off by the ingredients, it's very sweet and you would never guess it has Pork & Beans in it. For best result in slicing wrap in aluminum foil and slice the next, if your family can wait that long.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and flour two 9 x 5 x 3 inch pans.
- Puree undrained pork and beans in a blender or food processor, or with mixer.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, flour, sugar, salt, oil, cinnamon, vanilla, baking powder and soda. Mix well.
- Gently fold in nuts and pureed pork and beans.
- Divide batter into pans evenly.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until bread tests done.