Recipe by Recipe Junkie
This is a recipe from the Central Minnesota Mother's Club cookbook. It looks strange, but also looks like it might be really good. I'm going to try this very soon. This is one for my interesting recipes collection - that's for sure.
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple, crushed with juice
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove pork fat from pork and beans.
- Mash beans and pineapple.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes in a greased jelly roll pan.
- For frosting, boil sugar, milk and butter for 1 minute and stir in chips until melted.
- Spread on cooled bars while mixture is thin.