Yia Yia's Note:
entry in RSC #10.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lb boneless sirloin pork chop
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced, 4 cloves
- 1/2 cup red onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup regular barley (not quick cooking)
- 28 ounces chicken broth (canned or fresh)
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram (1 t dry)
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage (1 t dry)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Place carrots and tomatoes on a flat roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- 3In the meantime, cube pork, chop the onion and mince the garlic.
- 4Heat a sauté pan over medium high heat, add the olive oil. Brown the meat in the oil, add the onion and then the garlic. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- 5Remove the vegetables from the oven and add to the sauté pan. Mix.
- 6Add the barley to the pan, stir to coat with juices from the pan and add the chicken broth almost immediately.
- 7Add the marjoram, sage and red pepper.
- 8Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered for 1 hour or until barley is tender. When barley is tender, add the drained black beans and heat through. Serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork and Bean Soup Pot
Serving Size: 1 (492 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.1
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 36.2 mg
- Sodium 723.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 29.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: