Recipe by dale!
These are great at BBQ's and the smell as they cook is mouth-watering.
Top Review by Peter J
Great idea Dale! The small local supermarket I went to didn't have any pork schnitzels so I diced up some pork butterfly loins instead and made some Marinated and Crumbed Pork Schnitzel (Recipe #128745). I served with some honeyed prawns (recipe #95360) on skewers and the two complemented each other nicely. Would also be good with some pineapple pieces in between.
- 4 large long fillets pork schnitzels
- 8 slices bacon, rind removed
- 1 red pepper (capsicum)
- 1 green pepper (capsicum)
- 8 wooden skewers, pre-soaked in water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut schnitzels lengthways down the centre.
- The strips should be about 4 cm wide.
- Lay a slice of bacon on top of each piece of pork.
- Weave both the pork and bacon onto a skewer, interspersing with pepper pieces.
- Barbeque on a medium heat for 6- 8 minutes, turning frequently.