Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A stovetop stew flavored with white wine, garlic, rosemary, sweetened with a bit of balsamic vinegar, served over thin curly noodles and topped with Parmesan. Created and posted for the Ready, Set Cook competition.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 lbs pork loin, cubed
- 1 large onion, cut in half and then sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium beef broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary needles, crushed
- 1 cup peeled sliced carrot
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 lb frozen artichoke heart, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, cooked according to printed instructions,without seasoning packets
- In a large heavy skillet, brown pork cubes in oil over high to medium high heat, remove to a plate using a slotted spoon.
- Add onions to skillet, and cook over medium high heat until lightly browned.
- Add flour stirring to coat the onions, add wine and stir until the liquid starts to thicken.
- Add beef broth, tomato paste, garlic, rosemary, carrots and pork, bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes covered.
- Add balsamic vinegar, artichokes and mushrooms and simmer 15 minutes uncovered.
- Serve over Ramen noodles and sprinkle with Parmesan.