1 hr 15 mins
A stovetop stew flavored with white wine, garlic, rosemary, sweetened with a bit of balsamic vinegar, served over thin curly noodles and topped with Parmesan. Created and posted for the Ready, Set Cook competition.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 lbs pork loin, cubed
- 1 large onion, cut in half and then sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium beef broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary needles, crushed
- 1 cup peeled sliced carrot
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 lb frozen artichoke heart, thawed
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, cooked according to printed instructions,without seasoning packets
- 1In a large heavy skillet, brown pork cubes in oil over high to medium high heat, remove to a plate using a slotted spoon.
- 2Add onions to skillet, and cook over medium high heat until lightly browned.
- 3Add flour stirring to coat the onions, add wine and stir until the liquid starts to thicken.
- 4Add beef broth, tomato paste, garlic, rosemary, carrots and pork, bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes covered.
- 5Add balsamic vinegar, artichokes and mushrooms and simmer 15 minutes uncovered.
- 6Serve over Ramen noodles and sprinkle with Parmesan.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork and Artichoke Stew with Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 931.3
- Calories from Fat 433
- Total Fat 48.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 141.5 mg
- Sodium 1239.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 60.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium beef broth