Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 24 mins
- 4 lbs pork ribs
- 3 apples, Granny smith
- 1 (8 ounce) jar apple jelly
- unsalted butter, 2 sticks
- barbecue sauce (your choice, buy the sweeter the better, molasses based sauce yields a more intense flavor than hone)
- Remove most of the accessible fat from the meat. Set oven to 350 salt and pepper to taste. Spread the chunks of pork out into a backing dish and roast until ½ way cooked, (About 15 minutes) than poor off the excess fat.
- While pork roasts, melt equal amounts of butter and apple jelly in sauce pan until hot. Then add BBQ sauce to taste.
- Core and chunk apples. If not using immediately put in bowl and cover with water and 2 tbsp lemon juice.
- Cover halfway roasted pork with sauce and apples and continue cooking until pork is tender.