Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
What could be better than apples and pork, and sweet potato too!!
- 1 lb lean boneless pork
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into julienne strips (1 cup)
- 4 green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 teaspoons cooking oil
- 2 large apples, cored and cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- Partially freeze pork, bias slice into thin bite size strips.
- For the sauce, Whisk together wine, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger and 1/2 cup water.
- Set aside.
- Spray a large frypan or wok with veggie coating.
- Preheat over medium high heat.
- Stir fry sweet potatoes 3 minutes.
- Add green onions and 1 tablespoon of the oil, stir fry 3 to 4 minutes more or till potato is tender.
- Remove vegetable mixture from frypan.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil to frypan.
- Stir fry half the pork 3 to 4 minutes or till no longer pink.
- Remove pork.
- Add remaining oil, stirfry remaining pork 3 to 4 minutes or till no longer pink.
- Return all meat to frypan.
- Add apples and raisins.
- Stir sauce, add to frypan.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Cover and cook 2 minutes more.
- Return vegetables to frypan, heat through.