Recipe by Veeliscious!
A quick and simple "casserole" that I made up as I had a couple of dessert apples looking a little too wrinkly to each fresh. Most of the preparation is done whilst the other items are cooking. Goes nicely with carrots simmered with a few carroway seeds and garlic mashed potato or sauteed potatoes.
- 1 lb pork fillets or 1 lb cubed pork spareribs
- 2 small dessert apples (if you use a cooking apple, best to use the kind that doesn't pulp up)
- 1⁄3 pint pork stock, made (it really does need to be pork stock cube, other flavours not subtle enough)
- 2 cloves, buds
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch paprika
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the fillets on high heat in a deep fry pan whilst slicing the onions into quarters.
- Lower the heat and add the onions - cook until translucent.
- Meanwhile, slice the apples into 1/4 inch wedges and add.
- Cover with the pork stock and add the seasonings.
- Simmer gently for 15-20 mins until most of the liquour has reduced.