Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by Rachie P
This was a pleasant meal! I couldn't find cornbread stuffing so I used unseasoned and threw in some parsley and sage. I served it with cornbread on the side. We left the apples with skin-on and my DH & DF liked the texture it gave. It was very simple and quite tasty...different from the ordinary!
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 1⁄3 cups chopped cored apples
- 1 1⁄2 cups packaged cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 1⁄4 cups apple juice or 1 1⁄4 cups apple cider
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until brown; drain.
- Stir in apples, stuffing mix, and dried onion.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the apple juice and eggs together.
- Add egg mixture to the sausage mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer mixture to a greased 2-quart square casserole dish.
- Bake, covered, at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Stir stuffing mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through.