- 1 lb pork, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, pounded
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- to taste salt or soy sauce
- 1⁄2 bay leaf (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional) or 1 -2 whole black peppercorns
- to taste cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pork in saucepan; add vinegar, garlic, pepper, salt or soy sauce and water.
- Add bay leaf and sugar, if desir ed.
- Cover and cook slowly until meat is tender and most of the broth has evaporated so that about 1/4 cup remains.
- Separate the pieces of garlic and fry in cooking oil until brown.
- Add pieces of pork and fry until brown.
- Add the remaining broth and simmer 5 minutes.
- Delicious served with wedges of tomato.