Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 lbs lean pork
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- to taste peppercorn
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, chopped
- Wash the meat and cut it into pieces you desire. Put the meat, salt, vinegar, crushed garlic and peppercorn together and allow it to cook for 30 minutes.
- In your skillet, on medium heat, put cooking oil and crushed garlic. When garlic is brown, add chopped onions and tomatoes.
- When tomatoes are done, add the pork adobo with juices and cook it for another 30 minutes on simmer.
- Serve with steamed rice.
i was in a hurry, had only weird things left in the fridge - i had everything i needed to make this dish - my husband loved it, my kids loved it - i thought it was great - i used 2 large pork steaks (which was what i had on hand) but apart from that followed the recipe, minus marinating - i just cooked the meat in the marinade and it turned out fine - my 6 yo son loved the "sauce" on his rice... :)
I think step one is marinating step only & step 2&3 are the actual cooking steps. In step 3 you add the marinated pork less garlic & peppercorns, just the juice. Thats what I did and turned out to be a wonderful dish. I just added another half cup of water & simmer longer to make the meat more tender. Adjusted my salt and vinegar accordingly. Worth the try!
I tried the recipe. It was good. I too thought it was strange to put garlic in twice. I did and the dish ended up with too much garlic taste. It was still good and would eat it again.