Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Charleston SC restaurant, in a collection of recipes. the recipe is that of Porgy & Bess that was on Market Street
- cover beans and soak overnight with cold water.
- drain beans and place in large pot and fill with 8 cups water and ham.
- hock. cook on low heat until soft. saute onions, garlic in butter and add to.
- beans. add all other ingredietns except sherry. cook at low simmer for 3.
- hours. remove ham hock and remove meat. return meat to pot, add sherry.
- until until hot.
- serve with garnish of shredded cheese if desired.