Recipe by longhornmel
Funny name, great dinner! Easy and good for a night when you don't really feel like making anything too difficult.
Top Review by evewitch
I decided to add the green pepper and onion, for flavor. The meatballs completely disintegrated. Although the flavor was ok, it was kind of bland. I turned the meatballs over for the last 7 minutes of cooking, because some of the rice looked raw. It did finally cook ok.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2⁄3 cup rice, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef, rice, salt and pepper, green pepper, onion, and 1/2 cup water.
- Form 1 1/2" balls and place in ungreased 2 quart shallow baking dish.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups water and soup in another bowl and pour over meatballs.
- Cover dish and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 15-20 minutes.