Top Review by ratwoman
Sorry, this just didn't meet my expectations. Instead of meatloaf, it all fell apart and became meatmush. I keep looking at the recipe to see if there's something I missed but don't see anything and the flavor is not enough to entice me to try again.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, combine tomato soup, salsa and water; mix well.
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, rice, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, garlic, egg and 1/2 cup of the tomato soup mixture; mix well.
- Shape into loaf.
- Carefully place meat loaf into bottom of 3 1/2-to 4-quart crock pot.
- Pour remaining tomato soup mixture over meat loaf.
- Cover; cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours.
- To serve, cut meat loaf into 6 slices.
- Spoon sauce from crock pot over meat loaf.