Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from my favorite aunt. It's a big hit in her family, and great comfort food. And it's so easy that her bachelor sons can make it themselves. (of course, they'd rather have mom make it!!)
- Mix ground beef with egg and rice-a-roni, reserving seasoning packet.
- Shape into balls.
- Brown in frying pan, on all sides.
- Drain grease.
- Sprinkle seasoning packet on top.
- Mix brown gravy mix and pour on top.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve over mashed potatoes.
We all love this recipe. We make extra gravy using the seasoning packet and water called for on the box. We thicken with cornstarch and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes at 350. Rice is always done. My children love it served over egg noodles.
This is a comfort food I ate growing up. To get all the rice cooked we always added the seasoning and the water that the rice a roni box calls for then simmer the meatballs until the rice is tender. THen add the gravy mix.
this is so good and tastey. ds and dd ate it and asked for more. good comfort food. thanks elissa