Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This comes from a friend's church cookbook. It's a fast, family friendly meal and the little meatballs do have rice sticking out making them look somewhat porcupine-ish. I offer this recipe for those of us who would rather whip out a fast week-night supper on the stove top.
- Combine meat, rice, egg, onion, salt and pepper and 1/4 cup of the condensed soup.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Shape in about 20 small balls and place in a skillet.
- Mix remaining soup, water and Worcestershire Sauce and pour over meatballs.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cover and simmer for 40 minutes, stirring often.
- I have used a 14 oz can of tomato sauce to substitute for the condensed soup with good success.
Made this the other night for company and it was quite good. I did add about 1 large clove of garlic minced and some oregano to the meat and a little in the sauce. At first I thought the sauce wasn't going to thicken but I was wrong...it was perfect. Company enjoyed the meal with noodles and a green salad with Thisclose to East Side Mario's Salad Dressing#289388 to top the salad. Thank you. Made for SPRING PAC 2010.
THIS is how i make mine good stuff