Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Originally from the back of the Rice-A-Roni box, one of my boys' all time favorites.
- Set aside the seasoning packet from the Rice-A-Roni.
- Combine rice/vermacelli mixture with the hamburger and egg.
- Shape into walnut-sized meatballs and brown lightly in skillet, using a spoon to turn the meatballs.
- Drain grease.
- Mix the contents of the reserved seasoning packet with the 2 1/2 cups water.
- Pour mixture over meatballs in skillet.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and cover.
- Simmer 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with noodles or rice.
Yum! My mom used to make these; I had forgotten all about them until I came across this recipe. Will be making these again. Thanks
These are always great. Served with some buttery mashed potatoes, corn and biscuits.....mmmmmm! :)
I've been making these for my kids for years. As an adult they are just ok, but every kid i know adores them, even my super picky younger one.