Recipe by ChipotleChick
Great meatballs that have rice in them, and are simmered in a tomato-Worcestershire sauce. Definitely a kid pleaser; these were my all time favorites as a kid, and are to my kids now! All you have to do is cook up a vegetable to go on the side and you have a complete meal.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, snipped or 1⁄2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup, divided
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ground beef, rice, egg, parsley, onion, salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup of the tomato soup. Mix well.
- Shape mixture into about 20 small meatballs.
- Place meatballs in a large skillet.
- Mix rest of soup, water, and Worcestershire in a small bowl; pour over meatballs.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover; and simmer 40 mintes or until meatballs are cooked and rice is soft, stirring often.