Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great meatballs that have rice in them, and are simmered in a tomato-Worcestershire sauce. Definitely a kid pleaser; these were my all time favorites as a kid, and are to my kids now! All you have to do is cook up a vegetable to go on the side and you have a complete meal.
- Combine ground beef, rice, egg, parsley, onion, salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup of the tomato soup. Mix well.
- Shape mixture into about 20 small meatballs.
- Place meatballs in a large skillet.
- Mix rest of soup, water, and Worcestershire in a small bowl; pour over meatballs.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover; and simmer 40 mintes or until meatballs are cooked and rice is soft, stirring often.
These were yummy... I had to add some breadcrumbs because the mixture seemed a bit soft and they turned out beautiful!
these were so easy to make and they were quite tasty,my 2 year old ate it up and anything we can get him to eat is a winner in our book we will make this again thanks
Exactly the recipe I was looking for! I hadn't had "porkypine balls" since I was a little kid and just got a craving for them. The only thing I did differently was bake them covered at 350 for an hour (my mom's directions for nearly all recipes) instead of cooking them on the stove top. They came out perfectly! Thank you!