Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I was using venison like ground beef in the same recipes over and over and wanted something new. I found this one in a Venison cookbook and it has turned out to be my favorite...you really can't taste the game of the venison, for those that think it's too gamey! I serve them over red potatoes but to change the taste up, I use russets or pasta. You can also use lean beef for this recipe as I do when I run out of venison!
- potatoes or noodles
- 1 lb venison, raw, crumbled (can use lean beef also)
- 1⁄2 cup white rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 2⁄3 cup grape jelly
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large bowl, mix all meatball ingredients and shape into balls.
- Place meatballs into 8 inch baking dish.
- Bake 15 minutes and drain.
- Meanwhile, combine all sauce ingredients in saucepan.
- Boil 3-4 minutes until the jelly is melted, stirring constantly.
- Pour heated sauce over meatballs.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve over potatoes or noodles.