Recipe by ellie_
Porcupine meatballs are fast and easy. They are great when kids help in the kitchen. They are great served with green salad and garlic bread.
- 1 egg
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup long grain rice or 1⁄4 cup brown rice
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced dry onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine egg and one can of tomato sauce in large bowl.
- Mix together uncooked rice, parsley flakes, dried onion, salt& pepper.
- Add to tomato sauce mixture and mix well.
- Add ground beef, mix well.
- Shape meat mixture into 1-inch meat balls (should have about 20).
- Put the meatballs into a 10-inch skillet.
- Put water into small bowl.
- Add second can of tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour mixture over meatballs in skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat.
- When mixture starts to boil, turn burner down to med-low.
- Cover pan.
- Cook for 40 minutes, stirring often.