Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Porcupine meatballs are fast and easy. They are great when kids help in the kitchen. They are great served with green salad and garlic bread.
- 1 egg
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup long grain rice or 1⁄4 cup brown rice
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced dry onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Combine egg and one can of tomato sauce in large bowl.
- Mix together uncooked rice, parsley flakes, dried onion, salt& pepper.
- Add to tomato sauce mixture and mix well.
- Add ground beef, mix well.
- Shape meat mixture into 1-inch meat balls (should have about 20).
- Put the meatballs into a 10-inch skillet.
- Put water into small bowl.
- Add second can of tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour mixture over meatballs in skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat.
- When mixture starts to boil, turn burner down to med-low.
- Cover pan.
- Cook for 40 minutes, stirring often.
I used tomato soup instead of tomato sauce.Good flavor and easy to do.The kids and hubby scarfed these right down.I served them with mashed potatoes and corn.Pure comfort food.
This was good and quick, but we felt it was missing something. Maybe a little bit of sugar for the sauce? I might try upping the Worcestershire next time too, but we really love the stuff. Thanks for posting.
this is a good dish and people should check out your site it is a nice place to look and i love bon ap. too thanks for posting the recipes dee