Recipe by ChrisCook
This is a delicious way to use hamburger and rice. It goes great with mashed potaoes. Another great recipe handed down to me by my mother.
Top Review by mapaklenk
These are very tasty. Even hubby, who will not eat rice if he can see it, liked it. I used instant brown rice - it's more nutritious and easier to hide as the color is closer to the color of the beef, lol. Served over whole grain pasta.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 16 ounces water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the beef, onion salt, pepper, and rice in a bowl. Form 1 inch diameter balls and place them in a skillet. brown the meatballs over medium heat on all sides. drain the grease.
- In a large saucepan mix the tomato soup, tomato paste and 2 cups of water. mix well with a wisk and bring to a simmer. Once the meatballs are browned place them in the tomato mixture. simmer for 1 hour stirring often.
- I usually double this recipe because we like these the next day as well.