Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I serve these over rice, and sometimes add a can of chunk pineapple (usweetened & drained) and some sauteed chopped green pepper to the sauce. Also makes a great appetizer.
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a bowl, combine first 7 ingredients. Add beef and mix well.
- Shape into 1 ½" balls.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil; drain.
- Combine tomato sauce, water, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meatballs.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hours Yield: 4-6 servings.